The aims of the Victoria hotel community association
The aims of the VHCA are:
1) To prevent the demolition of the Victoria Hotel
2) To ensure the continuation of a public house on the site.
3) To repair and/or restore the fabric of the building.
4) To bring the upper floors (approx 2000 sq m) into use.
5) To provide space within the building for community activities and facilities.
6) To support and raise funds for local charities and local good causes.
7) To ensure as much as possible of the pub profits to be utilised to
achieve points 3,4,5 & 6 above.
DOWNLOAD an A6 flyer with the aims of VHCA
search this site
The future for the Victoria Hotel?
Restoration of original Victorian features including a feature Victorian styled staircase opening up the potential of the upper floors
Victorian heritage display/exhibition
A microbrewery and local real ales
Home cooked food using locally sourced produce and supplies serving Lancashire fayre
A weekly market in the car park for local producers from allotments and farms
An Internet café offering IT tuition
A Community Arts Centre
Community Youth Club for all ages
Health and Wellness Centre
Incubator for small start-up businesses supported by the Town Council
Live music and open mic nights
Music practice and recording rooms
Music skills workshops for young people
Charity fundraising live music events
Concerts and recitals
DOWNLOAD a pdf version of the Vic prospectus